I’m pleased a couple of my castings look like the originals they are based on

All I did was carve the stone mould based on the period design and I made what is probably the same mistake that the original mould maker did, in that neither are quite symmetrical, simple though that is to do when you have a ruler. Maybe he didn’t have a ruler and compass and protractor.  All I used was a ruler to measure the lengths of the sides and width, but didn’t concern myself with getting the angles precisely correct, and unsurprisingly the result was not symmetrical.

Here is a photograph of the belt spangles: Continue reading